Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Israeli Military

Starting yesterday I noticed the unmistakable sound of jets passing overhead, frequent and quite low, with the loud rumbling continuing for some time after they had passed. It's difficult to see them, however, because of the hills surrounding this neck-of-the-woods, even though I try to crane my neck for a glimpse.

Today, again, every ten minutes or so a loud jet will fly somewhere near to here, taking about five to ten minutes for the silence of the Holiday to re-assert itself. My flat-mates tell me this has been going on for some time, and has been getting more obvious recently.

I wonder whether these are routine military manoeuverings, timed to accidentally coincide with the National Holiday here, or whether something bigger is being planned?

No comments:

Post a Comment